Monday 24 June 2013

Summer update

The Summer season is in full swing now! Last weekend I was working for Maximum Adventure with a team doing a day walk up Ben Nevis. Despite a very busy mountain we had a great day with some nice views too.


Dave and I tried to have a quick hit on Etive Slabs on Tuesday but as we arrived in Glen Coe the drizzle put an end to those plans. Etive slabs in the wet was a bit of a no no!

Wednesday I started a full 3 peaks with the team from BskyB for Max Ad.
A bit of clag on the Ben, stunning sunset and clear skies on Scafell Pike and pretty nice weather on Snowdon meant an enjoyable trip. Well done to everyone for completing the 3 peaks, some of whom managed within a technical 24 hours.

On Saturday I was marshaling on the Ben for Mountain Sense with the Kier Team. I got top spot on the summit which was cool. I was expecting an absolute soaking so was well prepared to batten down the hatches and stay warm and comfy but the rain that had been constant all morning soon eased and by the time I reached the summit, things were quite pleasant. A nice walk down too saw some cloud clearing and again, some great views. Thanks to Blair, Jamie B, Max and Dan for making it an enjoyable day.

Yesterday I was working for Abacus Mountain Guides with Chris. Chris was recovering from a knee injury and wanted to see how he got on on some Munros. We headed to Loch Trieg to do Stob Coire Sgriodain and Chno Dearg. The weather, as forecast was pretty foul but Chris and I had a great time and enjoyed the hardship and drama of the fierce weather. A thoroughly enjoyable day out on nice, quiet hills with good company.


No comments:

Post a Comment